What is Web Development
- Web development is a process of creating applications that run in a web browser. The process of web development includes many tasks like web design, client-side, server-side scripting and network security configuration, etc.
- Web Development is some-what a vague. The term vague is used to describe the building or maintaining of web sites hosted on the internet. There are so many programming languages, frameworks and tools that are used for Web Development.
- Web Development may refer to a single web page. HTML and CSS play the important role in creation of web page. On the other hand it could refer to a website like Facebook that contains around 60 million lines of code.
- The another name for web development is website development.
- It is completely based on the coding or programming that enhances website functionality.
- Its range starts from creating a simple plain text page to a complex web-based applications.
The web development hierarchy is as follows:
Web Development Technologies
Most common web development technologies are:
HTML is the basic building block of the web. An entire web application can built just by using HTML. HTML consists of a series of tags that define the parts and components of a web page.
For example, you might use the <img> tag to embed an image on a page.
Cascading style sheet
Before CSS existed, HTML was used to specify the format of a web page as well as to dictate how it should be displayed and styled.
There was a problem in order to change the styling of a web application. For example, to make all the buttons a different color—the HTML would have to be changed in many places in the application.
CSS was invented to solve this problem. It cleanly separates the content of a web page from the styling of it.
Cascading style sheet can be linked to in a web page. This linking define the styling for that web page.
An entire web application can link to a set of CSS pages which set the style for the entire web application.
Then, if you want to change the color of a button, you can just modify one CSS file, and all the buttons for the entire web application will change.
If you are good with CSS, there is quite a bit you can do to change the presentation of a web page, from making elements appear or disappear, to changing the locations of elements, resizing, changing fonts, and just about anything else you can imagine.
Difference between web designer and web developer ?
A web designer uses graphics and graphic design software like adobe photoshop to create a look for the web. Design that is made by designers is combined with coding.
The designer may not always be the person who writes the code. In some cases they can work independently of the team who will take a website design live.
Much of a designer’s job is creative. They uses both intuition and imagination.
People may continue their educations in a variety of field. Designers collect work portfolios to showcase their projects for potential employers.
Developers, historically, don’t focus on making something look visually appealing. Their focus is on creating websites with clean code and that are technically sound.