What is Website Design
First of all, it is important to know what is a Design?
What is a Design?
Design is the process of collecting ideas, arranging and implementing them, guided by certain principles for a specific purpose.
In other words, Web design is a process of planning and building a collection of electronic files that determine the layout, colors, text styles, structure, graphics, images etc.
- Both term, web designing and web developments are used interchangeably. Web design is technically a subset of the web development
- Creation of website is done with the help of mark up language that is HTML. HTML tags define the content and metadata of each page.
- The layout and appearance of the elements are defined with the help of cascading style sheets. You can use the combination of HTML and CSS that defines how each page will appear in a browser.
- Some web designer uses a WYSIWYG editor like Adobe Dreamweaver. Editor provides a visual interface for designing the layout of web pages.
- Software automatically generates the corresponding HTML and Cascading Style Sheet code.
What are elements of web design?
Web design uses many of the same key visual elements as all types of design such as:
Layout is one that defines the way in which manner the graphics, ads and text will arranged.
The primary goal is to help the viewer to find the information what they are seeking. It includes maintaining the balance, consistency, and integrity of the design.
The choice of colors depends on the purpose. It could be simple black-and-white to multi-colored design, addressing the personality of a person or the brand of an organization.
Graphics can include logos, photos, clip art, icons, etc. All of these help you to enhance the web design.
In order to make it user friendly, graphics need to be placed appropriately.
Do not make it too congested or slow to load.
The use of various fonts can enhance a website design. Font should be of such type that it easily visible to all users.
Content help to enhance the message of the site through text. Text should be relevant and useful, so as not to confuse the reader and to give them what they want. Content should be of such type that it has suitable length, include all relevant keywords.
How a Web Designer works?
- A web designer works on the look & feel, layout, and content of a website.
- A good web design is easy to use and suits the user group and brand of the website. During the creation of Web pages, the main intention is to focus on simplicity, so that no unrelated information and functionality might distract or confuse users appears.
website designing includes:
Website designing includes- Responsive and Adaptive design.
Responsive design: In responsive design, content moves dynamically. It depends upon screen size.
Adaptive design: In adaptive design, the website content does not moves dynamically. It remains fixed.